"It is generally accepted that children and adults learn most effectively in a variety of ways, that we have as human beings a range of differentiated learning styles."

Tuesday 24 May 2011

R.I.P. Bibo


Bibo the hamster, has passed over to Rainbow Bridge. We found him, or rather I found him, on Saturday afternoon. He was in his main area and it looked like maybe he had just fallen to sleep or had a heart attack or something. I just don't know. He was between 16 and 18 months old at least. We had him for nearly 15 months and I don't know how old he was when we got him last year in March. I've been told that they are normally around 3 months old. Anyway, it was a hard day. Isabella was totally heartbroken, but she decorated a little box for him - it was actually one of my 5 thousand egg boxes - it had a picture of Daisy and Dash on it. I told her that as they live in the garden, they would watch over him. She decorated it and then we wrapped him in some lovely flowery fabric before she wrote him a little note which she tied with ribbon, 2 white feather for wings and a little white flower. She was very brave about it actually and placed him into the grave that Steve had dug for him in the new area of the garden, which we only did last weekend. There is a large piece of slate over the top onto which we placed a candle and some flowers. She made a little tribute video for him and chatted to some of her friends who have also lost their hamsters so, three days on, she is feeling a lot better and is back to her normal self. It was harder for me really, watching her deal with the loss of this little bundle of fur, but I knew how she felt, so I think I was able to help her through it. I know the process you go through and how taking an active part in the process of saying "good-bye" is very healing. Anyway, rest in peace little Bibo. I'm sorry and hope you are now with Amber, Holly and Tibby in Grandad Thomas's garden. We will miss you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment